Pure excitement: action and speed!
Dolphin Discovery Akumal settles at the beautiful biodiversity reservation of Akumal Bay, one of the top ten places in the world because there are enough entertainments and sightseeing, like Yalku-Lagoon; Half Moon Bay and Bahia Akumal. Our brand new dolphin habitat in the Mayan Rivierais located just 20 minutes driving south from Playa del Carmen and 20 minutes driving north from the famous archaeological site Tulum. Here you will be able to live an unforgettable experience, a close interaction with cute and friendly dolphins.
The Dolphin Royal Swim program gives you several ranges of activities to enjoy. You kiss, hug and give a handshake to a dolphin, you learn all about them and touch the soft skin of these incredible marine mammals having a personal interaction with them. This swim with dolphins program includes the famous foot push where two dolphins propel you from your feet soles up the water surface. Awesome! Afterwards, you grab their dorsal fins as they speed through the water, giving you an exhilarating ride.
Dolphin Akumal invites you to live the exciting adventure of swimming with these beautiful marine animals in our newest location besides the Caribbean Sea.Dolphin Discovery Akumal has breathtaking panoramic views and it is the only one with all dolphins born under human care (certified MIRACLE program).
Come and Live the Experience of a Lifetime!
10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 02:00 PM, 03:30 PM
- 10 minute briefing and 60 minutes with the dolphins.
- Photos of your experience with dolphins.
- Ground transportation service to our facilities. (Request your transportation by email to email@example.com or by phone 48 hours before the program at an additional cost of $10.00 USD per person)
- Transportation cost additional $15 USD per companion. (non-swimmer)
- Other activities in Akumal.
- In Dolphin Tulum Akumal, groups have a maximum of 10 people for a closer experience.
- The use of safety vests is required in all water programs.
- Children from ranging from 1 year and up to 7 years of age or with a stature inferior to 1.20mts can participate in the in the Royal Swim program accompanied by 2 adults.
- Children aging from 8 years or with a stature of more than 1.20mts are able to participate in the Royal Swim program acompanied by one adult.
- Children over 10 years of age or above 1.40m can participate alone in any program when paying the adult rate.
- In case it is only 1 adult and a child with a height inferior to 1.20mts, both must carry out the Encounter program (Kiss, Hand Target and Handshake.)
- Infants and children up to 7 years of age will perform the encounter activities regardless of the program in which they participate.
- Please note that infants ages 1-5 are free in the swim program but do pay the transportation fee in our locations including transportation services.
- For safety reasons 5 month and up- pregnant women can’t participate in any of our aquatic programs. Only in Encounter program women with less than 5 month pregnancy can participate with another adult as a companion and after signing the Responsibility Form.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before your program.
- If you have any health condition or physical disabilities please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
- Women with more than 5 months of pregnancy are not allowed in any of our aquatic programs.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.
- Bring towels and cash for taxis, shopping, meals, etc.